Hi everyone. If you haven’t heard yet Close to My Heart are having a sale on their albums until the end of May 2016. There are some great designs and these are all while stocks last. Take a quick look at the designs currently available here.
Close to my heart has two different types of albums. there are post bound and D ring albums. Each one has it’s Pro’s and Cons and you will need to determine your own requirements to choose the right album for your needs.
The D ring (3 ring Binder)
- Place the pages you are working on quickly away for protection
- Add pages to your projects/albums quickly
- change the order of your album easily.
- Has clip at top, bottom and middle to help keep pages supported
- Heavy projects can damage the rings.
- Album is set width. May take up more room on shelf
Post Bound Album
- heavy projects are best suited for these albums.
- Can adjust the size of the album but adding or removing posts
- Need to unscrew posts to add more pages or change order
- need to remove pages to add others to create specific order
My favourite is the D ring only because I don’t work on projects in chronological order. These albums allow me add pages as I complete them quickly and easily.
If you do pages that have flip flaps or heaps of heavy elements on them or want an album to be a specific width, Then I would suggest you purchase the post bound albums.
If you already have an album let me know which one you love and why?